Confirmation for Students
The Diocese of Cleveland, through the Religious Education Office, supports a Confirmation program that is “non-graded” and based on the “readiness” of the individual applicant. During the high school years, one component of that process is a comprehensive Confirmation Program. Students of any high school grade level may apply for the Sacrament of Confirmation when they have fulfilled certain requirements and when they, the pastor and their teachers feel they exhibit a “readiness” to take this important step.
The eligibility of each student is determined by
- Completion of the elementary Parish School of Religion,
- Faithful participation in the Youth Ministry Program or its equivalent,
- Appropriate spiritual development and,
- Regular practice of the Catholic Faith.
Regular attendance at Sunday Mass, reception of the Sacraments and a willingness to continue to participate in religious education are major factors in the assessment of readiness for the Sacrament. Students are strongly encouraged to be part of the Youth Ministry Program in the Parish. Confirmation is not the end of religious education. Rather, it is part of a process of life-long learning, commitment and community. This process of formation should continue throughout the high school years and throughout one’s entire life.
We are excited to share that Confirmation 2020 will take place on Pentecost Sunday, May 31st, 2020 with Bishop Perez.
Registration for students eligible for the 2020 Confirmation Formation Program is now open!
New this year, families have two options for Registration:
- To turn in the Paper Registration Form, Emergency Medical Form and Activity Permission Form at the initial information meeting on July 11th, 2019, or to the office on or before Sept. 30th, 2019.
- To register online, which can be accessed here. Please note for this option we are continuing to use a paper form for the Emergency Medical Form and Activity Permission Form. These can be filled out and brought to the information meeting on July 11th, to the office at any point during open hours, or to the first session on October 13th, 2019.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the parish office at 440-933-3777.
Confirmation Forms 2020